Muncy School District utilizes an electronic application process for individuals interested in obtaining employment. The two-step process involves an on-line component and an email component. Candidates need to complete both steps to be considered for employment.
Position: Administrative: Anticipated Elementary School Principal
Muncy School District anticipates the need for a permanent and full time elementary school principal. The position is expected to be a 12-month full-time position with employee benefits in accordance with Muncy School District’s Certified Administrators Compensation Plan. The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university and a current and valid Elementary Principal Certification (K-6) or PA Principal Certification (K-12) through the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Candidates must possess excellent oral/written communication skills, as well as an in depth knowledge of PA Standards and current delivery models. The successful candidate will serve as the chief administrator of Ward L. Myers Elementary School in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, and budget in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment and effectively supervise professional and classified employees. Must be able to plan strategically and align building level goals to an organizational vision, organizational mission and District goals. He/she will develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a school improvement plan that provides the structure for the vision, goals and changes necessary to improved student achievement. He/she will design structures and processes that result in parent and community engagement, support and ownership for the school.
Act 107 of 1996 requires that a standard employment application be used by public school districts in Pennsylvania. Muncy School District has integrated the application into an on-line form. Use the following link to complete and submit the required information. Also incorporated into the application is a letter of interest and the registration number for FBI clearances.
Step 1: On-line Application: Muncy School District On-Line Administrative Staff Application
- Google Chrome or Firefox work best for our website.
- Be sure to hit "done" when online application form is complete. If you choose "save," you can return to it at a later time, but it will not be submitted until you hit "done".
- If you do not receive the screen message "Thank you for your interest in the Muncy School District" your application has not been submitted.
Step 2: Email Submission of Documents
Following the submission of the electronic application, applicants must email the following documents to Dr. Craig Skaluba, Superintendent of the Muncy School District at firstname.lastname@example.org, Dr. Kim Hamilton, Assistant to the Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction at email@example.com and Linda Kneedler, Executive Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume`
- Three Current Letters of Recommendation (preferably from college/university teachers or supervisors, cooperating teacher(s), or representatives from school districts (teachers, principals, other administrators)
- Copy of a valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate
- Official College Transcripts
- Current Act 34 - PA Criminal History Clearance (within one year)
- Current Act 114 - FBI Criminal History Clearance (within one year)
- Current Act 151 Clearance - PDE Child Abuse Clearance (within one year)
- Act 168 Disclosure Releases
Professional vacancies will usually be advertised on our district website as well as in area newspapers.