1. Bring all needed materials to class.
2. Be in your seat and ready to work when the bell rings.
3. Obtain permission before speaking or leaving your seat.
4. Respect and be polite to all people.
5. Respect other people's property.
What I Can Do To Make Things Better
1. I will do what I am asked to do without an argument.
2. I will be kind and respectful to all classmates and teachers.
3. I will ask permission and accept the decision without getting angry.
4. I will remain calm when I feel angry and talk about how I feel with the teacher after class.
1. Tests/quizzes: Generally, there will be several quizzes and a unit test per unit. Quizzes are given after we have studied the unit for several days and the class demonstrates mastery of the objectives. Unit tests are given at the end of each unit. I will inform you of a quiz or test several days in advance.
2. Grading: Your percentage grade for the marking period will be determined by the total number of points possible divided by the total number of points you earn.
3. Notebook: I recommend a three ring binder, used just for Spanish. Use the three ring binder to file handouts, worksheets, quizzes, tests, and other material passed out throughout the year. It is to be brought to class everyday and kept in a neat and orderly fashion. It is advisable to keep your notebook from year to year as long as you remain in Spanish studies.
4. Homework: Written homework is essential since we cannot do everything in class. Typically, you will have time at the end of the period to start your homework so I can help you if there is something you don’t understand. When homework is checked you will receive up to 10 points depending on completion. Homework is practice so perfection of it is not expected, but completion of it is. When you are absent, it is your responsibility to find out the homework assignments for the time you were out of school. Some translations will be collected and graded. In those cases, homework will be graded accordingly.
5. Projects: All projects will include a rubric with guidance to complete the assignment. Projects are due at the beginning of the assigned class period. Please be sure to have all materials printed before the class due date. You will NOT have time to print and prepare your project before handing it in on the due date. All late projects will lose 10 points per class day.6. Absence: When absent from class, each student is responsible for any work assigned. Excessive absences will affect your grade. The daily lesson plans and homework assignments can be found by accessing the link for your class under the homework tab.
7. Making up tests/quizzes: Whenever you miss a test or quiz, you must make it up as soon as possible. You have as many days as you were absent to make up your work or it becomes a zero.
8. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or call me at 546-3127 x 3080. I look forward to a successful year with your child.