.WELCOME TO THE MUNCY SCHOOL DISTRICT FOOD SERVICE WEBSITE
• Enjoy your food, but eat less.
• Avoid oversized portions.
Foods to Increase
• Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
• Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
• Make at least half your grains whole grains
Foods to Reduce
• Compare sodium (salt) in foods like soup, bread and frozen meals, and choose foods with lower numbers.
• Drink water instead of sugary drinks.The Muncy School District Cafeteria is part of the National School Lunch Program. The National School Lunch Program is a federally assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free breakfast and lunch to school children.School meals must meet the Dietary Guidelines of the Healthy Hunger free kids act.. These regulations establish a standard for school lunches to provide one-third of the Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, calcium and calories.Any questions please feel free to call or email:Tom Kuntz - Food service director570-546-3129 x1120orCheryl Good- Food service secretary570-546-3129 x1130This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.